The Cuban Picadillo recipe I am going to share with you is a staple in my kitchen.
Cuban Picadillo is high is lean protean and very versatile, perfect for paring with different foods.
You can have Cuban Picadillo with stuffed peppers, wrapped in tortillas or over a bed of lettuces with fresh veggies.
For this example I will be serving the Cuban Picadillo over a bead of fresh white rice!
You can cook Cuban Picadillo many different ways for instance the slow cooker or instant pot.
This recipe with be cooked in a skillet and is for the person who wants to serve it up quickly without the wait.
The Cooking Process for Cuban Picadillo
- Heat up a medium sauce pan , when hot drop raw ground beef into pan.
- While the meat is starting to cook, gather all the veggies from the list and start to chop them into quarter inch pieces.
- Toss in all the veggies with the cooking meat and reduce heat to a medium heat.
- Add the green olives and juice/brine from the jar( table spoon or two is fine), bay leaves ,cumin, salt and pepper.
- Mix in tomato sauce with 1/4 cup of water.
- Mix everything and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and let cook for 15-20 min
Yield: 6 Servings, Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 207 calories
- Total Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 28g
Tips: Have your white rice already cooked using a rice cooker so you are not waiting on rice to cook after you Cuban Picadillo is ready. If you do not have cooked rice start this first about 20 min before you start getting things together for cooking the Cuba Picadillo dish.