On The menu today is my Healthy Low Fat Chili Cheese Fries.
We all like our pleasure foods here and there, whether its pizza, nachos or in this case chili cheese fries!
The problem with these foods is they’re not considered “clean” foods.
Pleasure foods can have a higher calorie and fat intake but if you plan for “bad” foods you can indulge responsibly.
The problem with most diet advice is they put too much of a stigma on so called “bad” foods.
I personally like to eat these “bad” foods more often than not.
This means I have created my own version of pleasure foods that are much more macro friendly.
For example if have my amazing flatbread pizza here but today is for Healthy Low Fat Chili Cheese Fries!
My whole diet philosophy revolves around eating in a enjoyable long-term sustainable approach.
So what kind of a diet would be worth taking on if you couldn’t have Chili Cheese Fries?
Healthy Low Fat Chili Cheese Fries Cooking Steps
- Place large pot on stove top and turn to medium heat.
- Brown off ground beef in sauce pan.
- Dice onions , bell peppers and tomatoes while meat cooks.
- Measure out all dry spices and mix together ( salt , chili powder , cumin , etc.)
- When meat is cooked toss in all diced vegetables and dry spices.
- Pour in tomato sauce and chicken stack
- Let simmer until chili thickens .
- Turn chili to low and place to side with lid.
The French Fries
For the potoatoes I advice investing in a good french fry mandoline cutter .
The reason It is best to use this tool is for even cooking of the potatoes.
Each french fry will be uniform and that is very important for a even cooking process.
You can cut the potatoes with a knife as well , you just might have to brush up on your cutting skills.
Lets talk about the french fry steps
- Pre heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into fries with mandoline or knife.
- Spray pan with non fat cooking spray
- Season potatoes with salt and toss with non fat cooking spray in mixing bowl.
- Place potatoes on sheet pan and put in oven
- Cook potatoes until french fries start to turn golden brown.
- set aside
Optional – for extra crispy french fries turn broiler on for last 3 to 5 min
- potatoes 17 oz -623 calories
- 96 beef 12 oz- 450 calories
- fat free shredded cheese- 2 0z 54 calories
- total calories- 1,127
Tomato sauce and vegetables about an extra 60 calories ( I personally make a calorie buffer for low calorie sauces and vegetables)
protein-101g fat-13g carbs-147g
That is one serious Healthy Low Fat Chili Cheese Fries macro profile for burning fat or building muscle.
I understand not everyone eats big meals and that’s OK.
All you have to do is portion the recipe out in smaller portions or set the left overs aside for later.
Putting the Healthy Low Fat Chili Cheese Fries together
For the last cooking step saute off the cabbage.
Place fries onto plate , top with cooked cabbage and the top off with chili.
Finish condiment toppings with shredded cheese, plain Greek yogurt and jalapenos.
That is it , your Healthy Low Fat Chili Cheese Fries come backed with fiber, lean protein and low fat carbs.
Not to bad for a Healthy Low Fat Chili Cheese Fries pleasure food option!
Hope you Enjoy and feel free to share any healthy pleasure foods you have of your own below!