Lets talk Mexican Food!
I am going to share with you my favorite 20 min Shredded Chicken Fajitas Recipe.
Mexican is probably my favorite food next to Persian and Mediterranean food.
You might be thinking that Mexican food is not that macro friendly.
This can be true but if you select the correct dishes, Mexican food can be very macro friendly.
For example Fajitas , this 20 min shredded Chicken Fajitas Recipe will dominate your macros! Click & Tweet!
let’s get started…
20 Min Shredded Chicken Fajitas Cooking Steps
- Mix all dry ingredient together
- Slice onion and bell pepper into 1/4 in long slices
- Heat up large sauce pan on stove top
- Trim any fat on chicken and fold dry ingredients in with chicken (use mixing bowl)
- Spray heated sauce pan with non fat cooking spray
- brown off both sides of chicken
- toss in onion and bell pepper slices
- Take two forks and shred chicken while bell pepper and onion continue to cook with chicken
- Finish cooking until chicken is done and veggies are tender
- While the chicken fajitas are finishing up place another flat sauce pan on stove top and heat
- Place corn tortillas on pan and brown both sides and place to the side
- when all corn tortillas are done the fajitas should be ready to serve
- Place fajitas and corn tortillas on plate and serve with the listed condiments ( cheese , Greek yogurt and salsa)
- Squeeze fresh lime over dish
20 Min Shredded Chicken Fajitas & Greek Yogurt?
I get asked all the time,” why do you use Greek yogurt with my Mexican food?”
Greek Yogurt has all the same amino acids as meat , so this is a great option for extra protein needs.
Also the healthy bacteria for your digestive system is always a bonus as well.
If fat macros are an issue you can sub non fat Greek Yogurt as well and its is just as good!
Calories in 20 Min Shredded Chicken Fajitas
The calories in my 20 min shredded chicken fajitas is 1,010.
Now I eat big meals and the is because I eat in a way designed specifically for this that you can see here.
This style of eating allows for me to have larger meals which gives me more calories to play with.
At the same time I am able to burn fat and build muscle.
This combination of eating is great for traveling and eating out with friends/clients as well.
If you Choose not to eat this much you can always portion the meals out smaller or save leftovers.
The macro spilt for my 20 min shredded chicken fajitas is ideal for lean muscle building!
with 20 min shredded chicken fajitas you’re looking at 108g of protein , 26g of fat and 82g of carbs!
Not bad for some lean muscle building macros.
This dish is a great size for two people as well.
So if you’re need a great dish for you and your significant other 20 min shredded chicken fajitas is a great choice!
There is nothing better than enjoying great food while still meeting your fitness physique goals!
Latest posts by Michael Worley (see all)
- Bulk or cut first ? - March 16, 2021
- Top 5 Exercises for Skinny girls trying to Build BUTT - March 16, 2021
- TRAINING METHODOLOGY & PERIODIZATION - July 31, 2020